1. My child may have frequent absences due to his condition. I’d appreciate your help in keeping him up with his classwork and in touch with his classmates.
2. My child may struggle with anxiety, depression, low self esteem and learning delays. Please let me know if you see any problems.
3. It’s okay to tell your class about my child’s condition as long as it’s done appropriately. I’d be happy to help prepare a program.
4. My child has a serious health condition, but he is still a child with ordinary interests and hope and dreams. Please help us keep his life as normal as possible.
5. Please keep the lines of communication open between our home and the school. My child needs all the adults in her life working together.
This article is courtesy of About.com Special Children’s Needs.
Disclaimer: Articles are general comment, not advice. The information is believed to be accurate and reliable, but no responsibility is taken for any opinions expressed or for errors and omission. Readers should never act on the basis of the material without taking professional medical advice relating to their particular personal circumstances.